Sunday 28 December 2008

My Adventures in Letterpress

I am very excited by my new toy, an Adana 8x5 Letterpress which I recently bought on eBay. My press dates from around the early 1950s and is showing a few signs of neglect, but nothing that a bit of tender loving care can't sort out. A few parts were missing but I'm hoping to pick up some bits and pieces shortly before I begin work on my first card designs. I've also just joined the British Printing Society which has some useful information and links on Letterpress.

I love all the terminology associated with letterpress printing. I think that getting to grips with it all is going to keep me busy for quite some time...

4 comments:

Sophie Brador said...

Wow! That is so great.

xo
SB

Simba said...

Very exciting! I'd LOVE to try letterpress too! Hoping to take a workshop in the spring!

ENJOY!

melissa

Katy Clouds said...

I would love to have one of these, I think they have so many possibilities!

Good luck :D

Unknown said...

When I was in college, we worked with one of those. So much fun!