Sunday 14 August 2011

Letterpress beginnings...

Back in 2008 I wrote a blog post about buying my Adana press on eBay as I planned to move over from printing cards with my Gocco to Letterpress. Sadly, my plans were put on hold due to lack of space (and probably the steep learning curve required!) I did buy some lovely Crane's Lettra paper though, which has been sitting in a box waiting to be put to good use, along with various tubes of Adana ink and other essentials.

On Saturday I finally got everything set up in my office; I ended up covered in ink, nothing new there, but it was enjoyable working with the press and I'll certainly be printing again soon using some of my own designs.

Here is my first official Letterpress card, made using a vintage block of a Scottish Terrier. Available to purchase on Folksy & Etsy, as usual.


No comments: